Why Nobody Likes Mondays

We’ve all had hat moment. The one where you wake up half-asleep, stretch a little bit, hit the snooze button on your alarm clock hard enough to break it, and realize it’s Monday. So you throw your covers over your head and try to go back to sleep. But why do you hate Mondays so much? Is it just because it’s a Monday? Do you hate school/work? Well, whatever your reason is, you hate Mondays. We all do.

The first reason most people hate Mondays is most likely because the weekend is now officially OVER. No more parties, game-a-thons, or generally being a couch potato. No more laziness. No more fun. Just work.

A good second reason would probably be that you hate your job. Because nobody enjoys going to the cube farm (not a Minecraft reference, I swear), nobody likes going to school (I blame homework), and nobody, I repeat, nobody, likes getting up and dragging yourself to wherever it is you have to be.

Lastly, nobody wants to get out of bed anyway. They just want to get up, look around, stretch a bit, and go back to sleep.

So, these are some pretty good reasons that you would hate Mondays, and some of you may not. But unless you have some kinda superpower, you’d most likely agree with the whole “Mondays suck” thing. Anyway, now that I’m done stretching, I’m gonna go back to sleep.

Skip to toolbar